Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Victory Nonetheless

I finally hit a stride with my writing. I haven't moved forward on my story yet but I've found a way to get the words flowing.

I heard about a situation an acquaintance went through, and after looking at it from different sides I decided it might make an interesting short narrative. So I sat down with no real structure in mind and started a guided free-write. I used the bare bones of the story and fleshed out the details and thoughts with my own personal ideas. I hit a good rhythm and before stopping to fix a spelling error, I had three solid pages of text.

It wasn't great work, and it may not have even been good. However, it helped forge a connection between my brain and the page. I'm going to make some other situational narratives and see if I can build some momentum, or even just get used to writing every day.

So far it's strictly recreational, and I have no desire to show them to anyone, but I do still think my story has an interesting setup, and maybe with some work it can be something I'm really proud of. I haven't been writing much in the way of music lately, so it's nice to have another vent with which to clear my head.



It's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. Chapter 2 could be right around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get that photo? I'm looking for a photo and that is perfect!

    ReplyDelete